If you are reading this article, I would like to ask you the following questions:
(1.) Do you specifically know the Georgia Professional Standards Curriculum that you child needs to master this year in order to pass the Georgia CRCT?( and the GATEWAY in Gwinnett County).
(2) Are you aware of all the specific standards that your child will be tested on in math, reading, language arts, science and social studies?
(3) If you are aware of all these standards, have you tested your child on each of these standards to make sure that when you child is presented with these GPS standards on the exam, he/she will be able to answer it correctly?
Here are a list of math standards for the sixth grade in mathematics:
2. Properties of Addition and Multiplication
3. Order of Operations -
4. Prime and Composite Numbers
5. Divisibility Rules
6. Prime Factorization
7. greatest common factor
8. Least Common Multiple of numbers
9.Addition and subtraction of fractions
10. addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication of positive and negative integers 11.Understand the four arithmetic operations as they relate to positive rational numbers
12. Compute with and convert between different forms of positive rational numbers
13. Understand the concepts of ratio and proportion, and solve problems using proportional reasoning
14. Determine the surface area and volume of solid figures
15 Use variables to represent unknown quantities in formulae, algebraic expressions, and equations
16. Utilize data to make predictions
17. Determine the probability of a given event
I hope you see my point, and this is just in mathematics! How about all the GPS Standards in social studies, language arts, reading and science.
Another question, do you want your child to (1) Does Not Meet Expectations (2) Meets Expectations and (3) Exceeds Expectations
We can make sure that your child is familiar with each of these standards by drilling them on each standard making sure that they have a complete understanding of the GPS concept.
Don't wait until a week before the test is administered, prepare now for your child's educational future.