Phonics involves learning the sounds of English Language or group of letters, and blending them together to pronounce and read English words. English Language has 40+ sounds and only 26 letters, making spelling and pronunciation rules based and slightly complex. Listed below are videos to teach kids phonics, short and long sounds vowels, consonant sounds and etc
This learning activity helps emerging readers identify letters, sounds, and words using interactive multimedia
Learn to read, write, spell & speak English with phonics & Instant Sound. This site presents all possible sounds of vowels, consonant blends. diagraphs and prefixes and suffixes. This is excellent
Free on-line game for learning beginning phonics.
Letter Sounds helps children make the first, vital connection between the letters of the alphabet and the sounds they represent. Children move pictures to the letters that make the first sounds of the word that describes the picture. Voice is used to be sure that children know the right word and to reinforce the connection between the first letter and the first sound in the word. Fun, educational hands-on learning.
Teaching your child to read? We have some suggestions to make the task easier
Games for your students? Get editable versions of these games free. Long a and Long e Games. Phonics Hangman
Students read or listen to stories and identify words that correctly complete sentences. Fun interactive games ask students to identify letters, sounds, and words
1. Alphabetical Order
2. Double Consonants (ff, ss, bl, br, cl, cr, ck, ng)
3. High Frequency Words (Days, Months, Numbers and Colours)
4. Singular or Plural? Adding 's'
5. Long Vowel Phonemes (a-e, aw, ay, ea, ee)
6. Long Vowel Phonemes (er, ew, i-e, igh, ir)
7. Long Vowel Phonemes (oa, oi, oo, or, ou)
8. Long Vowel Phonemes (ow, ow, oy, y)
9. Long Vowel Phonemes (boot, feet, rain, boat, eat)
10. Long Vowel Phonemes (a-e / ay, aw / or, ee / ea, er / ir, ew / oo)
11. Long Vowel Phonemes (i-e / igh, igh / y, oa / ow, oi / oy, ou / ow)
12. Words that Rhyme
13. Words Within Words